When Ernst Kohlhage founded the company in 1929, it was not yet foreseeable that the small beginnings with a handful of employees would one day become a group of four companies with a total turnover of more than 51 million EUR.
Even today, KOHLHAGE’s headquarters are still in Neuenrade. Three of the four production sites are also located there. But KOHLHAGE is active worldwide. With the purchasing office in Taiwan and the representative office in Mexico, the owner-managed company from the Sauerland region is now a global player.
The production focus within the KOHLHAGE Group is still in the automotive sector. However, market developments in recent years have led to the KOHLHAGE Group also reorganising and repositioning itself. For example, the foreseeable changes with regard to e-mobility have led to the founding of KOHLHAGE E-Tech. But the other companies in the group also serve other markets today, from the plastics industry to special machine construction.